Sara Ali Khan opens up on the spat between Kedarnath and Simmba makers over her dates: “I got SUED for Rs. 5 crores”

Sara Ali Khan had a rocking debut in 2018 with Kedarnath followed by Simmba. Both films were released within three weeks of each other. Incidentally, the films were also shot almost together. In fact, there was a point when Kedarnath’s dates got affected after Prerna Aroraa left the film. Sara’s management agency gave some of these dates to the makers of Simmba. But soon, Kedarnath was back on track as the issue was resolved. By then, Sara Ali Khan’s dates were given away. Abhishek Kapoor, the director and one of the producers of Kedarnath, went to court over this issue. During an interaction with Mayank Shekhar of Mid-Day, Sara Ali Khan spoke about this episode in her life.

Sara explained, “In May 2018, I was supposed to do Simmba. Kedarnath was happening; it was my debut film. Then, some dates went upar neeche and I also signed Simmba. Now, there were 3-4 dates that were coinciding. And yeah, I got sued for Rs. 5 crores (by the makers of Kedarnath)! I was very nervous because I didn’t have Rs. 5 crores (smiles).”

Sara Ali Khan said that it was a difficult period of her life, “My mother (Amrita Singh) was in Delhi as her father was dying. Ibrahim was in school. And I was served a vakaalatnaama. I was like, ‘Ab iska main kya karoon? Samaj hi nahin aa raha’! I sent the management to court as I had to go and shoot which the makers were aware of as they were also at the shoot (smiles)!”

Thankfully, an out-of-court settlement happened soon. She revealed, “Rohit sir (Rohit Shetty) and Gattu sir (Abhishek Kapoor) met in a room. Ranveer Singh (her co-star in Simmba) was also present and he said, ‘Okay, then’ and quickly left the room as it was a bit strange.” Thankfully, a solution was reached in no time. Sara revealed, “Kedarnath’s makers only wanted three dates and Rohit sir said, ‘Theek hai, le lo’! The case ended.”

She also added, “It was tricky as I spent a lot of time flying from Hyderabad to Mumbai. I was shooting simultaneously; Simmba at night and Kedarnath in the morning.” She also stated that due to the case, the equation with Abhishek Kapoor. Then, one day, she got her spot girl Zarna, who makes great coffee, to prepare the beverage for Abhishek Kapoor. She said, “After that, the shoot was smooth.”

Sara Ali Khan also made it clear that there is no bad blood between her and Abhishek, “He also had his reasons. And it’s all good now.”

Also Read: Sara Ali Khan opens up on childhood memories, says she would always choose dad Saif Ali Khan for PTA meetings



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/Y7K608o

Comments